Common noun = person, place or thing that doesn’t need a capital letter e.g. man, shop, game, book, river.
Proper noun = person, place or name of something that starts with a capital letter e.g. Millie, Oxton, Europa Swimming Pool, River Dee.
Adjective = describing word
Verb = doing word (often ends in ‘ing’)
Underline all of the common nouns and circle all of the proper nouns in each sentence.
- Henry plays games on his computer.
- Mr Fan runs in the park every Sunday.
- Caroline lives in an apartment in Caston St.
- Dr Flood is flying on a plane to Norway.
- Neena’s birthday is in March.
- Fluffy likes playing catch in Victoria Park.
- Did you see William at the party on Saturday?
- Gerrard scored a goal for Liverpool on Tuesday night.
- New Brighton was flooded because of the heavy rain.
- Quinn saw Vebus through her telescope.
Underline the adjectives in these sentences:
- The little man carried the heavy box across the wide street.
- The red house stood at the bottom of the deep valley.
- The narrow road was long and the children were tired.
- The log burned brightly in the old fireplace.
- The young lady sat down on the soft, green cushion.
- The busy bee flew to the bright flowers to gather honey.
Write 10 verbs__________________________________________________________________________________________________________